22 February 2017
TO: Haysboro Community Association Board FROM: Office of Councillor Brian Pincott, Ward 11
SUBJECT: February Ward 11 Update
Monthly 311 Report Summary
- Top 5 Service Requests in January for Haysboro:
o Roads – Snow & Ice Control
o Bylaw – Snow & Ice on Sidewalk
o Finance – TIPP Agreement Request
o Water Services – Construction Information Requests
o Compliance – Business Licence Concern
Community Specific Items
- ATCO’s Urban Pipeline Replacement Program
ATCO is preparing for their work on replacing the gas lines under 14th Street SW, as part of ATCO's Urban Pipeline Replacement Program. Included in the pipeline renewal project are the following routes, please click on the links to view route details:
Acadia to 14th Street SW
14th Street SW from 90th Avenue to Kootenay Street SW
90th Avenue SW from 24th Street SW to 14th Street SW
South Glenmore Park Project
The South Crosstown BRT is route is primarily set and will not require new roadways. With the exception of three new stations planned in the future, existing stop locations will be used for the entire route. The South Crosstown BRT route will be the same as the current Route 306 from Westbrook to Heritage LRT Stations. The route will then extend east of Macleod Trail to Quarry Park.
- SW Transitway BRT At this time, the project team is finalizing the designs of the north portion of the SW BRT, from Glenmore North to downtown. The project team expects to go to tender very soon, with construction beginning this year.
o The online tool will be available on February 22nd, 2017 to provide input on the pedestrian overpass at 90th Avenue SW; the construction staging and phasing; station connections; parking; landscaping; and, noise attenuation. • Ward Community Event Fund The Ward Community Event Fund has been bolstered with a onetime increase of $5,000 per ward. This brings the total dollars we have available for Ward 11 community events to $15,000. Get your application in!
- Water Main Replacement on Horton Road SW As part of the Water Main Replacement Program, The City has identified the need to replace a water main on Horton Road SW from 9508 Horton Road SW to 9705 Horton Road SW. The construction was expected to take place in November, but due to the cold weather, the project is postponed until Spring 2017.
Ward Wide Items
- A Message from Brian
- 2017 Property Assessments
On January 5th, 2017, The City mailed out over half a million Assessment Notices. The 2017 property assessments reflect the market value of a property on July 1st, 2016 and its physical condition on December 31st, 2016. The 2017 business assessments reflect the typical net annual rental value of business premises on July 1, 2016.
o Please review your assessment carefully. You can do so online by logging into Assessment Search at calgary.ca/assessment. Online, you can access details on your property to review the accuracy of the information The City has on file, and compare your assessment with other similar properties in your area to ensure your assessment is fair and equitable.
o The Customer Review Period is from January 5th to March 6th, 2017. If you have any questions about your assessment, please contact 403-268-2888. Changes can only be made to your 2017 Property Assessment during the Customer Review Period.
- Calgary South West Ring Road The City of Calgary is beginning work on their portion of the Southwest Ring Road-related projects. The City project team met with the board in June 2016.
o The contractor, KGL Constructors (Kiewit, Graham, Ledcor) have set up a website to share information on construction, boundaries, schedule, traffic detours, design updates etc. at http://www.swcrrproject.com/. We recommend having a look at this website. You may contact their team at 403-212-0565 or at email@example.com. o SAVE THE DATE: The City will hold an information session on Thursday, May 25th, 2017 from 5 to 8 pm at the Oakridge Community Centre, 9504 Oakfield Drive SW to provide an update on the two Calgary-led ring road projects: 90th Avenue SW & Southland Drive connections Anderson Road SW widening
- Council News in Brief Stay on top of City Council and Committee items and outcomes.
- Introducing CityTalk
The City of Calgary recently launched CityTalk, a digital news magazine and digital compilation of current City of Calgary information in an easy to read format. CityTalk brings a host of City information together on one platform, including The City’s social media feeds and some of Calgary’s media feeds. The feeds are automatically updated 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Snow & Ice Removal Be informed about how The City handles snow events, and monitor road conditions and plowing routes via this dashboard.
Kim Warnke Community Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org www.ward11calgary.ca 403-268-2495
Teigan Kopec Executive Assistant email@example.com www.ward11calgary.ca 403-268-2476