· Transitway construction includes:
· Extension of the Crowchild Trail bus-only lanes
· Construction of bus only lanes along 14 Street S.W.
· A new underpass structure at 90 Avenue S.W. to maintain traffic flows from surrounding community
· Modifications to the existing pedestrian overpass at 75 Avenue S.W.
· In-street bus operations between Southland Drive S.W. and Woodbine
· New Transitway stations (36 in total) along the entire Transitway corridor
· Terminal station and facilities developed at Woodbine park
Functional Planning Study
The Southwest Transitway Functional Planning Study was commissioned by The City to identify the best transit solution for southwest Calgary. Approved by council in February 2011, the study shows how a Transitway will improve transit service and community connections to downtown and key destinations such as Mount Royal University, Rockyview General Hospital, Glenmore Landing, Heritage Park and Lincoln Park.
Project at preliminary design stage
Impact on Haysboro Community
Construction to begin in 2016 and end in 2020.
Questions or comments: Jennifer K Blezard Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org 403.650.9947